Title: Product Owner/Manager – Telecommute @ hot start-up
Location: Anywhere in the Bay Area but 95% telecommute if you want to
Salary: Open and flexible depending on experience
Open positions: 1
Contact: greg (at) hirefighters.com
Join one of the fastest growing companies in the United States. They have a very unique culture that is productive, casual and fast paced. Their management team has already built some of the most successful companies in the internet space and this one is growing more rapidly than any of their previous endeavors.
How well are they doing? They are a hot start up, well financed but with a revenue growth of 700% and they are already profitable.
In collaboration with senior leaders, key internal stakeholders and users themselves, the product manager will help define our new product roadmap and then work across functions—including design, engineering, marketing, operations, business intelligence and customer service—to execute it. Candidates must be adept at thinking big while realizing that success is often the result of excellent execution and the close management of every milestone and detail. The ideal candidate will have a keen sense for identifying new product opportunities and a strong understanding of user-centered design processes, requirements development, product lifecycle management and web analytics.
Responsibilities & Project Work:
· Help define company strategy by identifying new product opportunities
· Lead end-to-end product development process
· Write clear and concise requirements and user stories, prioritize development items and coordinate schedules with design and engineering teams
· Collaborate with other product owners to ensure cross-platform integration of key features and initiatives
· Manage and report on core site performance and KPIs
· Perform on-going competitive analysis
· Work with business development to keep up-to-date on new market opportunities
· Other duties as assigned.
· 5+ years product management experience with direct ownership leading new products for large web sites
· MBA preferred but not required
· Proven experience delivering successful online products and features
· Experience with agile development methodologies
· Experience with usability testing, web analytics and data-driven decision making
· Strong visual design and user experience sensibilities
· Strong project management and organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Comfortable working under pressure with aggressive deadlines
· Solid knowledge of internet technologies and SEO best practices