Title: Digital Product Manager – Web Payments
Location: San Francisco, CA
Salary: Open and flexible depending on experience
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed – Yes
At our company, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaborations and delivers great consumer experiences.
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! We’re looking for a few self-driven technologists to work as a Product Manager in our Bank product group out of San Francisco, California. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, stuffy bankers. (One day, we’ll get them in jeans too…)
Things that might tip us off you’re not the right person for this position:
-You think Square is just a geometric shape
-Rasberry Pi looks misspelled
-You have an aversion to denim
-A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
-Wireframes give you nightmares
-Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful:
-You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer’s needs.
-You’re going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on beautiful web and mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
-Experience in designing a mobile first experience that is aligned with platform UI guidelines, and, ensuring a strong counterpart web product is delivered too.
-That prior experience will be important because you will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
-While a pixel perfect end deliverable is critical, you know that cranking out quality with speed is equally important.
-Working with our banking product teams, you’ll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
-You posses the ability to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
-Working with our engineering teams, that vision you clearly articulated will need to turn into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer’s banking needs
-This position isn’t just about delivering the code; though, it’s a pretty important part. As a. Product Manager, you’ll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you’ll want to ensure that Excel doesn’t scare you off.
-Develop the multi-platform consumer experience manifesto
-Responsible for key system design and integration decisions; and for communicating decisions to individuals implementing the system
-Work with business partners, architects, and other groups to identify technical and functional needs of systems, and determine priority of needs
-Translate requirements into concepts and elegant user experience design
-Drive visual direction and strategy for prototyping and pilot efforts.
-Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
If those things up there sound like you, and you can check the box on these things down here, let’s talk. Send us your information and let’s see what you have:
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of Product management or product design experience in the digital world
- At least 2 years of experience with User Experience Design, Interaction Design, or Web and Mobile Application Design
- 4+ Years of Product management or product design experience in the digital world; extra credit if it’s in the financial world too.
- At least 2 years of experience in Web content and web design and development packages (Web 2.0, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, DreamWeaver, HTML, CSS, PHP, JSP)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or other techie related field
- A mastery of the Adobe Suite and other UX prototyping tools (Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, etc)
- Able to complete tasks independent and as part of a team
- Capable of juggling (and not dropping) multiple balls
- Deliver under stressful shot clock conditions
- A great communicator (and can prove it) both written and in person
- Strong vocabulary in design and technical areas
- You need to be able to use data to support your point of view, but we’re mostly interested in what the right side for your brain has to say about creative, delightful experiences
- You don’t mind getting out and traveling to our internal and external customers 20% of the time
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
We offer a full suite of benefits to include paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, employee stock purchase program, and 401k/Roth. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please forward resumes to greg (at) hirefighters.com . I will call qualified candidates immediately to tell them more about this exciting opportunity.