Title: Software Architect
Location: Alviso, CA
Salary: Open and flexible depending on experience
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed – Yes
As Software Architect, you will lead the design effort on a variety of projects in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with engineering teams in 3 locations. Your role is to design innovative solutions to real market problems. You will work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. This position reports to the VP of Engineering
This position requires periodic travel to other locations (Bulgaria, Italy). It will be based in Alviso, CA Corporate Headquarters.
• Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and design elements contained in a system specification. Current with latest technologies relating to scalable cloud based distributed systems with large amounts of data.
• Design next generation STB and distributed server architecture for Minerva’s evolving IP Based video platform designing new features such as content management, Advertising, and integration with social networks.
• Record software architecture in a software architecture document using use cases and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) where appropriate
• Maintain and evolve software architecture documents based on evolving system requirements and industry trends and technologies for Client and Server designs
• Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
• Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
• Assist Software Developers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
• Lead the review process for software architecture documents. .
• Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
• Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
• Ensure the overall integrity of the software architecture and validates it against the system specification.
• Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
• Work with visual designers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency
• Master's degree in computer science or related field
• Knowledge about video standards, IPTV, VOD, Advertising
• Embedded software experience in consumer electronics
• Experience relating scalable database system(Oracle, MySQL, DB2 etc)
• Cloud computing experience having deployed a distributed system
• At least 10 years experience in large designs and coordinating project teams in entertainment or cloud computing ares.
• Proficiency in Java and C/C++ programming experience
• UML experience a plus
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran’s status or disability.
Please forward resumes to greg (at) hirefighters.com . I will call qualified candidates immediately to tell them more about this exciting opportunity.