Title: Senior Java Server Software Engineer – Mobile apps
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Salary: Open and flexible depending on experience
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Interview Travel Reimbursed – Yes
The company’s Platform is one of the world's largest and fastest growing gaming platforms with a mission to change how the world plays games. We take pride in our creativity, innovation and technical excellence. Our work environment is fun, fast paced and rewarding. We provide a unique environment for learning, development and shaping the future of computer games and internet services and we're looking for high energy, intelligent and highly motivated leaders with a just-do-it attitude to join us.
We are looking for a seasoned software engineer to help build our cross-game, cross-platform gamer network tailored to mobile games. This large scale always-on collection of RESTful Java-based services powers EA’s network of mobile apps that will be experienced by tens of millions of monthly active users.
The company’s Mobile Platform team has a need for a Server Engineer in Redwood Shores, California. Our platform powers online features for the company’s iOS and Android game titles serving millions of users each day. The candidate has an opportunity to build server-side systems that deliver new functionality to the platform, as well as work on regular improvements to the systems to keep them at top notch performance.
• Work with product managers to innovative on new features to support company business
• Be a part of the overall software design and architecture process of our systems
• Continually strive to optimize performance and scalability of server systems
• Provide maintenance and support for new and existing services
• Be a champion for best practices within the engineering team
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 2+ years hands-on Java/J2EE experience
• Relational database expertise with MySQL and/or Oracle
• Experience working on high traffic services and highly scalable systems
• First-hand experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including technical design, development, test, product release, and live operation
• Exceptional analytical and creative problem solving skills; solution oriented individual
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong expertise working on RESTful web services
• Use of technologies such as memcached and NoSQL in production systems
• Experience working within the mobile and/or games industries
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
We offer a full suite of benefits to include paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, employee stock purchase program, and 401k/Roth. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Please forward resumes to greg (at) hirefighters.com . I will call qualified candidates immediately to tell them more about this exciting opportunity.