Title: Scrum Master – Established start-up and work remote
Location: San Jose, CA
Salary: Open and flexible depending on experience
Benefits – Full
Open positions: 2
Are you a detail-oriented leader who has a sense of urgency in delivering top quality projects for clients. Are you experienced in agile driven development techniques and excited about things like continuous deployment and test driven development? Do you enjoy programming? Like the idea of working for a startup but worried about the stability of a startup?
Then this position may be a great fit for you.
This is a great time to join one of San Jose's most exciting start-ups in this critical position. Their product is groundbreaking and they already have deals in place with companies like Sony, Amazon, Apple and Starbucks to name a few and they are poised for incredible growth.
Produce and maintaining code for a Java-based, EJB project deployed in JBoss 4 & 5 on Linux (Cent OS).
You will make extensive use of XML processing and XSL transformations using the Saxon libraries, including XSLT 1.0 and 2.0 and some Saxon extensions.
You will need knowledge of CSS (2.1) as we use it extensively to format the ePub output.
You need familiarity with Oracle database access via EntityBeans using standard Java Persistence techniques and simple SQL statements.
You will use Eclipse (although you could use a favorite IDE instead), SVN, and Maven.
You will be expected to participate in our Agile/Scrum methodologies using Jira to manage our sprints and releases.
A college degree is required.
- Knowledge of EJB technologies
- Must have hands on experience with XSLT 2.0 transformations using Saxon or Xerces.
- Strong knowledge of XML Schema or Relax
- Java and OO 5.0
- Experience with CSS 2.1, and preferable CSS 3.0
- Agile development experience
- Participates actively in requirement and design reviews, bug recreation, and customer issues
- Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers. Document and troubleshoot program corrections and use the defect management tool (Jira) for tracking purposes.
- Familiarity with ONIX 2.1 or ONIX 3.0
- HTML5 and CSS3
- EJB, both SessionBeans and EntityBeans
- Writing JUnit tests and using Mockito
- Unix environment
- XML feed formats (e.g. RSS and ATOM)
- XML news formats (e.g. NITF, NewsML and PRISM)